Have you thought about ditching the eye makeup all together and just concentrating on making your lips the focal point of your makeup? Why not try a Bright Red or a more exotic mauve lip or step into Autumn with a burgandy lip this suits most skin tones and hair colours.
Make sure you moisturise and exfoliate those lips before trying this look.
- Curl your lashes to ensure they do not touch the lenses , apply mascara only to the top lash line skip the bottom.
- If your lenses magnify the eye try lining your waterline to define the eye and make it appear smaller.
- If your lenses make the eye look smaller, apply a highlighter or flesh tone liner into the inner corner of the eye to open it out and make it appear bigger.
Thick Frame = Thick eyeliner
Thin Frame =Thin Eyeliner
- Why not use a coloured kohl or gel liner instead of using brown and black eyeliner or why not try a coloured mascara applied over the top of black mascara as this will help mute the colour but will give the lashes a nice tint without being too dramatic.
- A neutral palette works best on eyes behind lenses as this adds dimension to the eye.
- Light non shimmery shades applied to the centre of the lid and blended into a slightly darker matte shade into the crease will add further definition to the eye.
- Apply a lighter concealer under the eye to prevent the frames from casting too much shadow and creating the appearance of dark circles.
- Brows need to be clean, tidy up any strays, fill in any gaps with a brow pomade, gel, powder or pencil to help frame your face your brow should not be a focal point of a makeup.
- Applying a flick with your eyeliner automatically elongates your eye and makes it appear bigger, apply the flick towards the top corner of your frame.
I hope you found these tips helpful for creating your everyday makeup look to suit your frames.
These are some tried and tested techniques that I use for my clients when designing them makeups for their special occasions and events, I also teach these skills in my makeup lessons.
If you would like to learn more and have a personalised lesson or have a special occasion coming up soon then please don't hesitate to contact me.